FIELD SPACE IS LIMITED. Players will be taken on a first come, first serve basis. Once our limit is reached we will not accept any more registrations.
The Darien Soccer K-2 houseprogram is run by JA Elite Soccer Academy and focuses on the individual player development and the enjoyment of the game of soccer – not necessarily on winning games. We believe it is important for our players, parents and coaches to embrace this philosophy. Oursmall sided games will encourage an environment of constant play, allowing more opportunities for technical/tactical decision making and constant touches on the ball. Our goal is to make it a positive first experience with soccer and organized sports.
Practice- teams practice for an hour once a week after school. Professional coaches coach the week day practices and will be at the Saturday games to help monitor, support parent coaches and serve as on-site resources for players, parents and referees.
Games - scheduled on Saturdays. Parents coach our teams. Please see our Parent Coaches guide.
Rules and tips
1) 4 v 4 with no GK
2) All out of bounds are kick ins
3) On goal kicks, the defending team will need to drop back and allow the first pass
4) No Corner kicks
5) No Penalty kicks
6) Size 4 ball
7) Recommended formations: 1-2-1 (1 defender, 2 midfielders, 1 striker); Don’t worry too much about formations at this age. But at any given point, you can as the players to retrieve to their “position” to remind them of shape.
- To give each player an unforgettable soccer experience with an enjoyable and progressive soccer education in which they can develop under excellent coaching.
- To help players create friendships through the game of soccer & encourage teamwork.
- To develop confident, creative & technical players who are passionate about the game