3RD & 4TH GRADE HOUSE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Darien Soccer 3RD & 4TH grade house developmental program, Club Excel, is run by JA Elite Soccer Academy. The goal of this program is to promote a FUN, motivational, and exciting training environment that combines a player-centered approach with excellent coaching. It is designed for players who are not yet ready for the travel program or for those who prefer to continue learning the sport at the local level. Teams are a mix of 3rd and 4th grade Darien players. The teams practice twice a week and play games against one another on Saturdays.
The training sessions will encourage constant play, allowing more opportunities for technical/tactical decision-making and numerous touches on the ball. We will provide every player in the program the opportunity to develop in a progressive and positive learning environment while having fun.
- To help ignite the passion for the game of soccer, by motivating and encouraging the players to enjoy the game and learn the fundamentals
- To improve individual and collective basic skills
- To further the individual and collective understanding of the game including playing positions & roles
Coaching & Curriculum:
Our highly trained coaching staff will teach the fundamentals of soccer, including the technical side of the game and playing positions while maintaining consistency in our methodology with a progressive learning curriculum. The 3rd & 4th grade house developmental curriculum will align with our U9-U10 travel curriculum.
JA Elite coaches will support the volunteer parent coaches on Saturday games. They will remind players of the training objectives worked on during the week, as well as the playing structure, formation, etc. They will also evaluate the progress of the teams/players and will work closely with the parent coaches to help in the overall development of the teams/players.
- The season starts after Labor Day weekend and runs through the first week of November.
- Boys will practice on Mon/Wed at either 4 - 5:15 and 5:15 - 6:30 (check your team's schedule on the website to confirm your times).
- Girls will practice on Tues/Thurs at either 4 - 5:15 and 5:15 - 6:30 (check your team's schedule on the website to confirm your times).
- All practices will be held at Town Hall.
- Games will be played on Saturdays at Tokeneke for both boys and girls. There are 3 time slots for each division which will rotate weekly - be sure to verify time on your team's page).
- Boys slots
- Girls slots
Questions regarding this league can be directed to the 3rd/4th Club Excel Commissioner, Cara Rachinsky (email@example.com).